Mount Campbell Communications Limited, Mount Campbell Connect Limited and Mount Campbell Networks Limited, comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 05 November 2020.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
SHARING INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We do not share any customer information collected with marketing, or other third party organisations that could use your personal data for marketing purposes.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
INFORMATION TO IMPROVE OUR SITE
We collect web statistics automatically about your visit to our site based on your IP address. This information is used to help us follow browsing preferences on our site so that we can regularly improve our web site. We do not use this information to identify you as an individual and you will remain anonymous, unless you are asked to identify yourself by completing a form. The information we gather will also enable us to better understand your needs and how you use our web site and services so that we can continue to improve our performance over time.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand (i.e. email provider, cloud hosting service). This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [email protected]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you have any comments or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us online, or in writing, at the following address:
Mount Campbell Communications Limited
108 Quarantine Road